Celebrating over 100 years of service and ministry to generations of Greek Orthodox faithful, the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church of Stamford, CT welcomes you to it's virtual home on the internet.
It is our blessing to strive and bring the Light of Christ to all of God's people, through Orthodox Christian tradition, education, and philanthropy. We seek to serve the spiritual needs of our faithful parishioners through the sacramental life of the Church.
By means of outreach and faith in God, we continue our growth as a living Church by inviting others into the Orthodox faith, joining our families and educating them through the establishment of our Christian ministries, programs, schools, and philanthropic activities.
Keep up to date on all news and events by joining our email list below.
Sunday - November 8th 7th Sunday of Luke Orthros: 9:00am Divine Liturgy: 10:00am
Great Vespers for St. Nektarios Vespers: 7:00pm
Monday - November 9th St. Nektarios
Fulfill Your Stewardship to support the ministries of the Annunciation Church by clicking below
Use the link below to unsubscribe from our email list
Dear Parishioners and Friends of the Annunciation Church,
"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him" (2Corinthians 5:9).
With the most recent directives given by our Federal, State, Local authorities and our Archdiocese, and in counsel with our Parish Council, the following protocols shall be in place through the end of the Great Lent for the protection and safeguarding of the faithful form any possible infection from the Coronavirus.
1) All church services, whether weekday and Sunday Divine Liturgy, will take place with only the clergy and the chanter in attendance. The faithful will not assemble but participate virtually through multimedia. There are no exceptions to this directive without the express permission of the Archbishop.
2) Our Church office will be open only to answering phone calls and responding to emails. There will not be any personal appointments and it will be closed to all visitors. In case of pastoral or spiritual emergencies please contact Fr. Evan.
3) The clergy will continue with their sacramental duties. In case of a funeral, all arrangements need to be discussed with Fr. Evan.
4) Prayer requests will be made available online through our church’s website, email, or by phone.
5) Our Annunciation parish is working to set up live streaming capabilities so you can live stream our church services. In the meantime, we encourage all parishioners to temporarily view all services live stream from the Holy Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity New York City by following the following link: https://www.youtube.com/c/ArchdiocesanCathedraloftheHolyTrinity/live
6) To read the latest Encyclical’s from Archbishop Elpidophoros and the Holy Synod regarding further measures to protect the faithful from the Coronavirus please see the following links:
During these unprecedented times all of us are challenged to live our faith responsibly and creatively, while affirming that it’s not church walls that contain our faith, but our hearts where our Lord Jesus Christ appears to us “even though the doors are shut” to grant us His peace (John 20:19).
In Christ’s love,
Fr. Evan Evangelidis, Presiding Priest and Mr. Chris Vlahakis, Parish Council President
A message from Father Evan concerning the current COVID-19 Crisis and preventative measures being enacted at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
Great Vespers at Annunciation on the evening of March 24th Officiated by His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros
As we navigate these difficult times, Annunciation Church is welcoming all faithful to light a candle and the ability to send names for Father Evan to read during services. Father Evan will gladly light as many yellow or Memorial Candles as you request and during the week and also during services.
Click the candles below to visit our virtual page where we will also be providing live streaming of services soon also