Greek Orthodox Church
© 2012 Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church 1230 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905 | Rev. Fr. Evan Evangelidis - Presiding Priest (203) 322-2093
Presiding Priest: Rev. Father Evan Evangelidis
Email: Fr.Evan (at) AnnunciationOfStamford.org
1230 Newfield Avenue Stamford, CT 06905
Office Phone: 203-322-2093
Office Fax: 203-968-6632
Email: Secretary (at) AnnunciationOfStamford.org
Celebrating over 100 years of service and ministry to generations of Greek Orthodox faithful, the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church of Stamford, CT welcomes you to it's virtual home on the internet.
It is our blessing to strive and bring the Light of Christ to all of God's people, through Orthodox Christian tradition, education, and philanthropy. We seek to serve the spiritual needs of our faithful parishioners through the sacramental life of the Church.
By means of outreach and faith in God, we continue our growth as a living Church by inviting others into the Orthodox faith, joining our families and educating them through the establishment of our Christian ministries, programs, schools, and philanthropic activities.
Keep up to date on all news and events by joining our email list below.
Donate securely online by clicking below.
Fulfill Your Stewardship to support the ministries of the Annunciation Church by clicking below
Use the link below to unsubscribe from our email list
Dear Parishioners and Friends of the Annunciation Church,
"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him" (2Corinthians 5:9).
With the most recent directives given by our Federal, State, Local authorities and our Archdiocese, and in counsel with our Parish Council, the following protocols shall be in place through the end of the Great Lent for the protection and safeguarding of the faithful form any possible infection from the Coronavirus.
1) All church services, whether weekday and Sunday Divine Liturgy, will take place with only the clergy and the chanter in attendance. The faithful will not assemble but participate virtually through multimedia. There are no exceptions to this directive without the express permission of the Archbishop.
2) Our Church office will be open only to answering phone calls and responding to emails. There will not be any personal appointments and it will be closed to all visitors. In case of pastoral or spiritual emergencies please contact Fr. Evan.
3) The clergy will continue with their sacramental duties. In case of a funeral, all arrangements need to be discussed with Fr. Evan.
4) Prayer requests will be made available online through our churchís website, email, or by phone.
5) Our Annunciation parish has streaming video for live services up and running on the Virtual Candle Page
6) To read the latest Encyclicalís from Archbishop Elpidophoros and the Holy Synod regarding further measures to protect the faithful from the Coronavirus please see the following links:
Further guidance from Holy Synod in English:
Further guidance from Holy Synod in Greek https://www.goarch.org/news/releases/2020/-/asset_publisher/pTEM6Ar2qunr/content/further-guidance-coronavirus-2020-03-14?_101_INSTANCE_pTEM6Ar2qunr_languageId=el_GR
During these unprecedented times all of us are challenged to live our faith responsibly and creatively, while affirming that itís not church walls that contain our faith, but our hearts where our Lord Jesus Christ appears to us ďeven though the doors are shutĒ to grant us His peace (John 20:19).
In Christís love,
Fr. Evan Evangelidis, Presiding Priest and Mr. Chris Vlahakis, Parish Council President
As we navigate these difficult times, Annunciation Church is welcoming all faithful to light a candle and the ability to send names for Father Evan to read during services. Father Evan will gladly light as many yellow or Memorial Candles as you request during the week and also during services.
Click the candles below to visit our virtual page where we will also be providing live streaming of services also
Purchase a Candle for Father Evan to light on your behalf
1. Enter your choice and amount of candles (Yellow or Red) and how many you'd like Father to light for you here in "Candle Instructions" to the right
2. During payment enter your donation amount in "Price per Item" for your candle(s) and keep the "Quantity" at 1
Click below to view our YouTube Channel or Facebook
for live & recorded services
In accordance with Gov. Lamontís Executive Order 7D, 7N and with the directive of His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros, our church will re-open itís doors for public worship on Sunday, May 31st subject to the following strict rules agreed upon by Father Evan & the Parish Council:
* Worship is limited to 50 people only. Please call the church office to reserve your worship spot and give your name and telephone number.
* All must wear masks and gloves in the church.
* All must follow directions of the Parish Council.
* All must sanitize hands upon entry of church.
* No kissing of icons/priestís hand. Only bow.
* All must adhere to 6 foot social distancing markings on floor, carpet of church and in the pews. Only sit in every other pew at the designated markings.
* Families in the same household may sit together.
* Anyone who is sick or with symptoms of COVID-19 must not attend church services.
* Anyone in poor health and/or immunocompromised must not attend church services.
* Anyone over the age of 65 is encouraged not to attend church services.
* Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of Church services only.
* After Holy Communion there is no coffee hour.
* The faithful are asked to leave church quietly and
respectfully. Please refrain from congregating in the narthex or outside church.